Social A sustainable lifestyle having the confidence of others may be obliged to respond to emerging crisis conditions by promoting social transformation in order to meet the needs of the underprivileged.
1. The sustainable lifestyle should refrain from initiating radical change until it is absolutely necessary. (Resulting in: Influence).
2. When all other initiatives have failed, revolution may be initiated by the sustainable lifestyle after careful preparation and bearing in mind the condition to be brought about. (Resulting in: Resolution).
3. After the need for social transformation has been repeatedly expressed, action may be undertaken by the sustainable lifestyle; this should avoid the errors of ruthless haste and hesitant conservatism. (Resulting in: Following).
4. To be successful, the sustainable lifestyle should ensure that the radical change undertaken is based on the superior values it embodies which people will support as being instinctively just. (Resulting in: Accomplishment).
5. The authority of the sustainable lifestyle of superior values will be acknowledged during social transformation if clear principles of organization are formulated in a manner all can understand. (Resulting in: Prosperity).
6. Once the social transformation is underway, those of inferior values will adapt in the light of their own interests and the sustainable lifestyle should not expect more of them than conditions permit. (Resulting in: Fellowship).
Transformation sequence The most transformative revolution is that available through the cultural heritage. (Resulting in: Cultural heritage).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here