Social The preservation of the individuality of a sustainable policy cycle of superior values can only be achieved through creative opposition to those of inferior values. It on this basis that order is engendered. Faced with opposition and misunderstandings a sustainable policy cycle should concentrate on minor initiatives.
1. The sustainable policy cycle should avoid the consequences of attempting to ensure unity through forceful action since the temporarily estranged will re-establish contact of their own accord and those who impose themselves will eventually drift away. (Resulting in: Transformation threshold).
2. Informal contacts may suffice when misunderstandings prevent the sustainable policy cycle from establishing formal relationships with its natural partners. (Resulting in: Decisive action).
3. Despite opposition and discouragement, the sustainable policy cycle can succeed if it discovers a trustworthy partner of complementary nature. (Resulting in: Wealth).
4. Although isolated in opposition to others, the sustainable policy cycle will eventually succeed through maintaining contact with a natural partner. (Resulting in: Deficiency).
5. The opposition faced by the sustainable policy cycle may initially prevent recognition of a trustworthy partner with whom it is beneficial for it to work. (Resulting in: Careful conduct).
6. The isolation experienced by the sustainable policy cycle may be due to opposition based upon misunderstanding which once clarified permits fruitful collaboration. (Resulting in: Elective affinity).
Transformation sequence Through misunderstandings and opposition, difficulties and obstructions are created. (Resulting in: Obstruction).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here