Social When conditions are appropriate for a sustainable policy cycle to initiate action on mundane affairs, this should be done with determination and perseverance, bearing in mind the need to prepare for unfavourable conditions which in their turn will later prevail.
1. When superior values find a response in influential circles, the sustainable policy cycle could well associate itself with this trend, provided this does not distract it from its own line of action. (Resulting in: Controlled threat).
2. When the initiative originates in the light of superior values, the sustainable policy cycle should not hesitate to apply its own resources to the task, for such action must necessarily contribute to ultimate success. (Resulting in: Recovery).
3. When the sustainable policy cycle is succeeding in its initiative, there is a danger that lack of vigilance may lead to careless mistakes, which may however be remedied by responsible action. (Resulting in: Peace).
4. The action is benefitted when the sustainable policy cycle is open-minded in its approach to those of ability who are attracted by its initiative. (Resulting in: Elective affinity).
5. The sustainable policy cycle should act with self-restraint in order to attract those of quality capable of undertaking all that is required by the initiative without interference. (Resulting in: Limitation).
6. A sustainable policy cycle which has withdrawn from mundane affairs may under certain circumstances initiate new action for the benefit of those it attracts. (Resulting in: Deficiency).
Transformation sequence The results of initiative call for recognition. (Resulting in: Recognition).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here