Social For a vision to struggle successfully, discipline must be instilled in the community by arousing enthusiasm, sustaining the people and eliciting confidence in the value of its actions.
1. For an entreprise to be successful when it is initiated, order must prevail within the vision. (Resulting in: Initiative).
2. The vision should remain in close touch with the community, sharing its condition and receiving recognition on its behalf, in order to be able to meet the demands made on it. (Resulting in: Receptivity).
3. If the community takes the initiative from the vision, misfortune will ensue. (Resulting in: Advancement).
4. If the vision is faced with superior opposition, orderly withdrawal avoids the risk of disintegration. (Resulting in: Liberation).
5. Energetic struggle by the vision is required to counteract any attacks, but a disorderly response may become counterproductive. (Resulting in: Persistence).
6. Following successful action by the vision, it is important that power should not be given to those who would abuse it. (Resulting in: Inexperience).
Transformation sequence The emergence of a controlled threat eventually promotes solidarity. (Resulting in: Solidarity).
Earlier version in 2nd edition of Encyclopedia of World Problems and Human Potential (1986).
For further updates on this site, subscribe here